My love of cooking stemmed from my grandmother, everything she made was from scratch. On the holidays all the family came to her house to eat. Me being her first grandchild, I was able to learn to cook from her. My recipe was a happy accident. I used to pay a guy to cook for me whenever I did not feel the need, and he was telling someone that he makes seafood nachos AND burritos. I hadn’t heard about seafood nacho burritos! When he corrected me I decided to give it a go. The end result was a unique and flavorful meal. The aromas in the air on the holidays (turkey, mac and cheese, candied yams, greens, sweet potato pie, etc.) made me feel warm with love.
4 – 3.53 oz Fisherman’s Paradise Mackerel fillets
4 – 3.75 oz Chicken of the Sea Smoked Oysters in cottonseed oil
4 – 3.53 oz Chicken of the Sea Smoked Baby Clams
16 oz Hometown Tortilla Chips, nacho cheese flavor
12 oz Hometown Corn Chips, chili cheese flavor
2 – Large jalapeno peppers seeded and diced, one red and one green
Large white onion, finely chopped
10 oz Mayville Squeeze Cheese
8.6 oz Van Holten’s pickle, roughly chopped
17 oz Chi-chi’s Burrito Tortilla
11 oz Goya Sazonador Total Seasoning
6 oz Panola Soy Sauce
- Drain and chop all fish packs and place in a bowl.
- Crush chips and mix ½ of nacho cheese chips with a whole bag of chili cheese chips. Set aside.
- Add vegetables to fish with 5-6 shakes of Goya Sazonador and 2-3 shakes of soy sauce. Mix well.
- In a frying pan coat the bottom of the pan with oil and fry fish mixture and vegetables until tender with slight crunch.
- Place into a sauce pot with water, bring to a rolling boil for three minutes.
- Empty cheese into pan, turn stove to medium-high and stir occasionally.
- Add one tablespoon at a time of low-fat milk or water until desired consistency is reached.
- Lay tortilla on a flat surface and fill with ½ of the fish mix, grab a small handful of chip mixture and spread across the fish.
- Finish with a layer of melted cheese and the rest of the fish mixture.
- Roll burrito and enjoy with your favorite hot sauce or as is!
In a medium-sized frying pan add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil, heat pan on medium-high heat and when oil sizzles from drop of water, add 2 pre-rolled burritos. Face-down. Cook all sides to golden brown. Place on stack of napkins to drain excess oil and to let cool slightly. Enjoy as is or with your favorite hot sauce.